Saturday, December 26, 2015

A day of rest!!!!! (Dec. 23)

Yes......I actually rested for an entire day!!!!!  John has the proof on his camera so I couldn't upload the pictures to this blog. To be honest I think my new found allergies in lower elevations had everything to do with me sitting around reading on the rooftop of our hotel. I was taking the dose of allergy medication that was prescribed to me in the small village of Chomrong.  Later, I did a little research and yes the medication causes drowsiness and YES I had been taking twice the normal dose! Yikes! 
Annapurna range view from the rooftop of the Sacred Valley Inn in Pokhara. 
We did leave the hotel in the evening to join our lovely friends from Whales that we met on our last trek. We met them early on in the trek and really got to know them when we shared a lodge at Annapurna Basecamp (ABC). It was a very cold night but there was a definite spark of friendship with Tomos and Grace. We stayed up far later than either of us normally would, sharing stories about ourselves and our travels! We had a lot of laughs!
Tomos & Grace at our celebratory dinner in Pokhara. 

Our return to Pokhara dinner was joyful and well deserved!  Best wishes to Tomos and Grace as they continue their travels to Chitwan, Nepal and then on to their adventure in India!

2 comments:

  1. Soooooo wonnderful to read your travel posts. Thanks for sharing a different culture and area.
    Happy Happy holidays to you both.
    Keep exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo wonnderful to read your travel posts. Thanks for sharing a different culture and area.
    Happy Happy holidays to you both.
    Keep exploring.

    ReplyDelete